MEET THE ASPIRANT




By the virtue of nomenclature, my name is Opeyemi AKINBONI , popularly known as Op Love . I was born, bred and brought up in Odigbo, Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State where I had my primary and secondary education. My intense quest for education landed me in Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti where I studied Quantity Surveying and finished with a Distinction, immediately after my ND I feel the need to process to a university and that landed me in the enviable institution of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile -Ife, Osun State where I’m currently studying Quantity Surveying for my first degree.

OVERVIEW OF EXPERIENCE/RECORD;

I began engaging in leadership tutelage and structures as a young boy far back in my primary school days where I served as a class monitor and as the Senior Prefect Boy/Time Keeper getting to primary  five (5). The little capacity in which I served during my primary school days marked the birth of leadership consciousness through which I shifted my horizon to secondary School, where I served as a class captain through out my six (6) years(JSS1-SS3) of secondary education and as the 3rd  Senior Prefect Boy of Daystar International College. 
I have passion to excel in leadership build-up and play impactful roles for a better society. I’m currently an active and registered member of Nigeria Youth Congress (NYC) National Association of University Students (NAUS), Helping Hands Foundation (HHF), National Association of Quantity Surveying Students and Public Administration and some other organizations where I am serving in various capacities to make selfless impacts for the good working of the society.

THE ISSUES THAT MATTERS:

I’ve been following the activities of Students’ Union in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile - Ife even before I gained admission and understands fully well how it works as well as those gaps yet to be covered. I had severally wrote on critical issues that affects the students and joined other concerned students to advocate for our rights. This beget the thought about how exciting it would be to serve and directly be part of the Servants-in-Service & Struggle (SiS), with lot of potentials which is summarized to working with other rugged comrades in our union to further agitate and articulate the interests of the Nigerian students generally under the influence of the union’s secretariat, which I believe I would secure ultimately. My key agenda is to sustain a quality and proactive Secretariat which we must at all cost make to articulate and aggregate nothing but all that concerns the generality of Great Ife Students 
I’m convinced Great Ife students Union needs only those who will largely render selfless service and not those who are posed to push for popularity or interests that are personal. I want to become the next Secretary General because there is need for not just quality service delivery of the office, but also importantly a need for propagating the maximum interest of the students with the fear of God.

With the continuous assistance of our brilliant and clear antecedents, we believe we will be given the backings we need to further drive our transformation and reinvigoration, hence complementing our creative instincts as the best.


Opeyemi AKINBONI, OP LOVE